Established in 1968, Person-to-Person (“P2P” – www.p2phelps.org) P2P is a community-supported agency that provides assistance to individuals and families as they move toward economic stability. The vision that guides P2P’s work is “educated, financially stable, and hunger-free homes for all.” With a financial budget of over $4MM, an additional $10MM in annual “in-kind” donations, and over 75,000 volunteer hours donated annually, P2P is a well-managed and innovative agency. More than 90% of all donations go directly to programs, which include three food pantries including a mobile food pantry (Phil the Truck), a clothing center, financial assistance and counseling for a client’s situational crisis, summer camperships for children, and college and vocational scholarship aid to students seeking to change the trajectory of the next generation.
The Development Officer provides high-level, strategic support to Person-to-Person’s efforts to secure funding from Foundations, Corporations, and Government and other Institutions for both unrestricted and restricted purposes. In this capacity, s/he is responsible for researching, writing and assembling grant proposals, materials and reports to foundations and other grant-making organizations, and will communicate P2P’s goals, mission, and programs to potential funders in a compelling and strategic manner.
S/he will actively conduct research, create and submit grant requests to position P2P to secure new funding, and renew and upgrade existing support. This position will represent P2P to current and potential funders by making presentations, developing proposals, and reports. S/he will continually seek out opportunities for stewardship and cultivation of both current and potential funders, including arranging and leading site visits.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Reports to the Chief Philanthropy Officer to support the functions of the Philanthropy Office.
- Optimize grant management process by:
- Developing an annual grants agenda that identifies funding and project priorities based on program plans and budgeted organizational needs, priorities in partnership with the CEO and Chief Philanthropy officer.
- Maintaining an annual grants calendar and budget for soliciting annual grants, application deadlines, including timelines and projected revenue.
- Maintaining monthly and annual tracking and filing system of all cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgments and reports to funders.
- Creating and maintaining the case for support and need statements for the organization and its programs and adjust these statements when necessary to align with the interests of potential funders and specific funding opportunities.
- Actively monitoring deadlines and ensuring compliance with all funder guidelines in grant submission and reporting.
- Conducting research and maintaining knowledge of issues such as poverty, hunger, education and child development, current trends, publications and key data, as well as a deep understanding of P2P’s programs, evaluation, and effectiveness.
- Maintaining regular communication with program staff to ensure that information and data is accurate and updated on a regular basis.
- Familiarity with financial and audit processes.
- Representing P2P at meetings and conferences.
- Grant Writing for Funding Opportunities, including:
- Researching, writing and submitting comprehensive and persuasive letters of inquiry, grant proposals, acknowledgments, and reports for programs, services, general operations and special projects in a timely fashion.
- Closely monitoring progress of all grant requests after they have been submitted and coordinates/conducts all necessary follow-up activity, including site visits, interviews, funder recognition, etc.
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders to ensure the accuracy of the materials incorporated into proposals, reports, budgets, and financial reports.
- Working with Database Manager to ensure grant prospects, funded opportunities, and reports are entered into Salesforce accurately and that progress and reporting on grants is accessible to all.
- Assisting in securing grant-based event sponsorships.
- Creating acknowledgment letters, project updates, and other correspondence to grant funders.
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Requirements:
- Commitment to the Mission and Vision of Person-to-Person and to the community being served.
- Belief that a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion will provide the best environment, experience and services for everyone, and especially the P2P community.
- Outstanding editing, writing, and oral communication skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Solid educational background; Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years non-profit fundraising/development experience with demonstrated success in grant writing or comparable experience in other careers with editing, writing and analytical skills.
- Computer literate including internet research and online applications and tools, MS Office products, and knowledge of Donor Perfect or donor databases a plus.
- Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus.
- Responsible and accountable, can work unsupervised. Must enjoy working with others on a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collegial team environment.
- High ethical standards, comfort dealing with confidential information.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent timelines and projects.
- Experience with budget management and preparation of financial reports.
- Willingness to learn new skills and work on different and evolving projects.
- Possess warmth, sense of humor, honesty and compassion.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds, while twisting and bending.
Person-to-Person offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a supportive workplace culture.
Person-to-Person is committed to creating a diverse environment. We believe that a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion provides the best environment, experience and services for everyone, and especially the P2P Community.
Please submit your resume, along with a thoughtful cover letter to email@example.com Attn: Tracy Cramer, Chief Philanthropy Officer. Kindly note that resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed. No telephone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org