Established in 1968, Person-to-Person (“P2P” – www.p2phelps.org) is a community-supported agency that provides assistance to individuals and families as they move toward economic stability. The vision that guides P2P’s work is “educated, financially stable and hunger-free homes for all.” With a financial budget of over $5MM, an additional $10MM in annual “in-kind” donations, and over 75,000 volunteer hours donated annually, P2P is a well-managed, innovative and impactful agency. More than 90% of all donations go directly to programs. The agency’s critical needs programs include three food pantries (one of which is a mobile food pantry), a clothing center, financial assistance and counseling for a client’s situational crisis. The agency’s economic mobility programs include summer camperships for children, college scholarship aid and mentorship support to students seeking to change the trajectory of the next generation.
A newly created position reporting to the Chief Programs Officer (CPO), the Assistant Program Manager (APM) meaningfully impacts the health and wellbeing of P2P’s clients through the effective and efficient operation of the agency’s economic mobility programs. The APM will oversee the Scholarship and Mentoring 4 Success programs from the application stage through funds disbursement, including the recruitment and management of a robust committee of volunteers and mentors that support over 100 Scholars each year. S/he will support the CPO in administering the Campership program, which in a typical year supports over 400 campers, including assisting families with applications and placements and liaising with school social workers to facilitate referrals. The APM will lead the annual Toy Store holiday toy distribution to 2,000 children and provide additional leadership support for additional client programs as needed. Finally, the APM will be responsible for the quality of P2P’s programs by engaging in client outreach and engagement. S/he will seek to ensure those in need of services are aware of and able to effectively access P2P’s programs in a dignified, client-centered atmosphere, and will create opportunities to embed client input into program design and implementation.
As a member of the programs team, the APM will champion the mission of the organization and exemplify the organizational values in her/his day-to-day conduct, support the strategic execution of program and organizational goals and work collaboratively within the team structure.
- Solid educational background; Bachelor’s degree required
- Bi-Lingual: English/Spanish Fluency required
- Ability to manage all aspects of program implementation for the Scholarship, Mentoring 4 Success, Campership and Toy Store programs
- Drive to develop program materials, participate in strategic planning, conduct ongoing program evaluation and quality assurance activities
- Maturity and professionalism to foster relationships with professional staff at P2P’s partner schools and camps, participate in collective impact groups and make presentations to community partners, funders and stakeholders
- Warmth, humor and confidence to engage volunteers and committee members, train Mentors, manage committee meetings and support teams of volunteers to achieve program outcomes
- Initiative to offer support, guidance and proactive communication to existing clients and students, conduct ongoing outreach efforts to new populations
- Financial acumen to manage program budgets, ensure timely and accurate payments to colleges and camps
- Aptitude to oversee the agency’s efforts to collect, analyze and report large quantities of qualitative and quantitative program data, design and implement effective client surveys
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel
- Organizational skills, detail-oriented with a good aptitude for logistics.
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Requirements:
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Person-to-Person and to the wellbeing of the communities we serve
- Belief that a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion will provide the best environment, experience and services for everyone, and especially the P2P community
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills, including active listening and effective collaboration skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Outstanding editing, writing, and oral communication skills, with strong attention to detail and the fundamentals of writing, grammar, syntax, style, and punctuation
- Thorough attention to detail, project management and organizational skills.
- Responsible and accountable, ability to work unsupervised and also with others on a multi-disciplinary team
- Highest ethical standards, comfort dealing with confidential information
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent timelines and projects
- Experience with budget management
- Willingness to learn new skills and work on different and evolving projects
- Possess warmth, sense of humor, honesty and compassion
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Survey Monkey is a plus
- Ability to use personal vehicle and possess valid driver’s license and be willing to travel as necessary
- Ability to lift 40 pounds while twisting and bending
This position is not remote; candidate must be able to work from P2P’s office located in Darien CT. P2P has implemented COVID-19 safety protocols, including separation of work spaces and masking requirements.
Person-to-Person is committed to creating a diverse environment. We believe that a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion provides the best environment, experience and services for everyone, and especially the P2P Community.
Please submit your resume, along with a thoughtful cover letter, to email@example.com. Kindly note that resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed. No telephone calls, please.
Job Type: Full-time
Annual Pay: $55,000 – $60,000
Benefits include: health, dental, vision, AFLAC, Life, ADD insurance, 403(b) retirement fund with employer matching contributions, generous paid time off
To apply for this job email your details to jobs@p2pHelps.org