Person to Person
Person-to-Person (“P2P” – www.p2phelps.org), a volunteer-driven social services agency with locations in Darien and Norwalk and Stamford, CT, seeks a full-time Assistant Site Manager for its Darien Office.
Reporting to the Darien Site Manager, the Assistant Site Manager helps manage the day-to-day operations of the Darien Site including but not limited to:
- Assists with day-to-day volunteer operations such as orienting new volunteers, maintaining the volunteer relationship, and filling in open gaps in volunteer
- Assist donors with food and clothing donations, including unloading, sorting and
- Assist Darien Site Manager with food purchasing, budget and community partner
- Maintain a clean, well-organized work
The ideal candidate will be an organized self-starter with strong interpersonal skills, a quick learner, flexible, collaborative, and have a sense of humor.
P2P seeks candidates with a connection to our mission, as well as to the workplace values of diversity and respect. P2P provides emergency financial assistance, food, clothing, scholarship assistance, and summer camperships to clients from Greater Stamford and Greater Norwalk. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience within the social service sector.
Skills & Requirements:
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, walking, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, twisting, reaching above shoulders, and or other physical activities, and lifting a minimum of 50 assisted or unassisted.
- Warm, welcoming and responsive personality with outstanding interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with solid aptitude for logistics
- Ability to manage multiple streams of work while maintaining a positive
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of MS Office. Salesforce and database knowledge a
- Clean driving record
- Spanish or Haitian Creole language a plus
- Able to work on Saturdays
If you like a job that constantly changes, come join a dedicated team of professionals and volunteers who make a difference in people’s lives.
Please submit your resume, along with a thoughtful cover letter to: email@example.com, Attn: Debra Ritchie. Kindly note that resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed. No telephone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org