Person-to-Person — a volunteer-driven, social services agency with locations in Darien and Norwalk — seeks a part-time Bookkeeper/Finance Associate to be part of a dynamic and dedicated team providing support in a fast-paced environment for low-income individuals and families as they move towards stability.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, duties include:
- Perform general non-profit accounting functions on a timely basis in QuickBooks including, processing accounts payable, accounts receivable and printing checks
- Reconcile bank and credit card accounts
- Maintain proper back up paperwork for all transactions
- Prepare regular monthly financial statements
- Responsible for journal entries including: depreciation/amortization schedules, tracking accruals, prepaids, investments and adjustments
- Assist with annual audit preparation of audit schedules, compiling documents for review and responding to requests from auditors
- Process bi-weekly payroll
- Work closely with the Development Database Manager and OPUS (the fundraising arm of Person-to-Person)
Skills & Requirements
- An Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s preferred in accounting or business
- Experience working with QuickBooks accounting software
- Working knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Ability to work with detailed information with a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently
The ideal candidate will be a well-organized, self-starter with outstanding interpersonal skills, a quick learner, flexible, and collaborative and a sense of humor. P2P seeks candidates with a strong connection to the P2P mission, as well as to the workplace values of diversity and respect. Come join a dynamic and dedicated team of professionals and volunteers who make a real difference in people’s lives.
Please submit your resume, along with a thoughtful cover letter to: jobs@p2pHelps.org, Attn: Elizabeth Finn, Chief Operating Officer. Resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed. No telephone calls, please.
Person-to-Person is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to jobs@p2pHelps.org