Person to Person
Person to Person seeks a dynamic, engaged, flexible, warm and organized Casework Supervisor to support P2P’s Emergency Financial Assistance program. Guided by a strong and sincere commitment to P2P’s mission, the Casework Supervisor will provide compassionate and resourceful support, information, referrals, advocacy and financial assistance to Norwalk area residents working to achieve economic stability.
The Casework Supervisor will support the agency’s mission and vision by executing components of P2P’s emergency financial assistance program. S/he will have knowledge of community and government resources such as SNAP, WIC, affordable housing, social service providers, and mental health providers. S/he will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and possess a Master’s in Social Work. S/he will be adept at juggling multiple roles, balancing financial assistance, along with casework activities, and be responsible for keeping accurate and timely records in a Salesforce database. S/he will have knowledge of program development.
The Casework Supervisor will possess the skills needed to work with members of the public who are in need of assistance and in some cases may be facing extraordinary challenges. S/he is a positive and innovative team member, energetic and engaging, with an upbeat disposition and a ‘can do’ attitude. S/he will work with a hands-on approach with agency staff and volunteers, excited by and embracing change while promoting an agency culture of dignity, respect and lifelong learning to the Lower Fairfield County community.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Masters in Social Work
- 3-5 years of social work experience, with at least 1 year in a supervisory capacity
- Possess a SIFI (Seminar in Field Instruction) Certification to supervise Casework Interns, or have the ability to become certified
- Bilingual or multilingual (English/Haitian Creole) required
- A commitment to the mission and activities of P2P;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including communication and diplomacy;
- Desire and enthusiasm for working with diverse groups of people;
- Excellent customer service skills, patience and professionalism when interacting with members of the public, including P2P clients, volunteers and donors;
- Strong self-starter and ability to work independently while also contributing to a team;
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks;
- Support program development and program management
- Ability to support the site staff with TEFAPs (the emergency food assistance program), language skills, client issues, etc.
- Flexibility to assist with tasks outside of job description;
- Ability to be a productive team player;
- Comfortability working between or at more than one P2P site;
- Compassion, warmth and a sense of humor;
- Computer proficiency; experience with Salesforce a plus;
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
Person to Person offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a supportive workplace culture. The salary range for this position is $58,000-$60,000 based on experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision, supplemental, long-term and short-term disability insurance, 403(b) retirement savings plan, FSA and DCA plans, four weeks paid vacation, paid sick time and paid federal holidays, including Juneteenth.
Person to Person is committed to creating a diverse environment. We believe that a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion provides the best environment, experience and services for everyone, and especially the P2P Community.
Please submit a letter of interest or resume and thoughtful cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Lauren Franciamore, Chief Programs Officer. No telephone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com