Person to Person
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) supports the mission of P2P by managing the organization’s financial, operating and human resource functions.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, and in close collaboration with program and development staff, the COO will lead the organization’s budgeting, risk management, financial reporting and annual audit, and will oversee a part-time Finance Associate. The COO will maintain the organization’s business systems, insurance and facilities management. The COO will have both a day-to-day and ongoing impact on organizational operations, maintaining systems that analyze, strategize, and provide reliability in our financial and business position.
In addition, the COO will head P2P’s human resources activities, including payroll and employee benefits administration, staff hiring, onboarding, performance management and retention.
S/he will support the Board of Directors and Board Committee members where appropriate.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the organization’s finances in close coordination with the CEO, including cash management, investments, insurance, budgeting, and financial reporting, reconciliations and helping to drive the organization’s financial strategy;
- Lead the annual audit and preparation of the Form 990 in cooperation with the Audit Committee;
- Serve as the staff liaison to the Finance & Risk, Audit and Investment Committees of the Board of Directors.
Operations & Human Resources:
- Oversee the organization’s facilities management and capital projects;
- Oversee the human resources functions of the organization, including: talent recruitment, retention, onboarding, training, professional development and compensation & benefits;
- Oversee employee benefits administration and payroll functions with the assistance of a part time Finance Associate;
Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years finance, bookkeeping or accounting experience; nonprofit experience a plus;
- Understanding of basic accounting principles; knowledge of Quickbooks a plus;
- Commitment to the Mission and Vision of P2P;
- Ability to prioritize and openly champion diversity, equity and inclusivity in all aspects of P2P’s operations;
- Self-motivated, responsible and accountable, ability to work unsupervised; must enjoy working with others on a team;
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced atmosphere;
- Proactive approach to problem solving with strong decision-making skills;
- High ethical standards, comfort dealing with confidential information;
- Contribute to a safe, neat and orderly workplace;
- Comfort with mastering new technologies; knowledge of Salesforce a plus;
- Flexibility and energy to work some evenings and weekends;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- English language proficiency; additional languages not required, but a plus;
- Willingness to learn new skills and work on different and evolving projects;
- Possess warmth, sense of humor, honesty and compassion;
Person-to-Person offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a supportive workplace culture. The salary for this position is $135,000 per year. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, 403(b) retirement, life and disability insurance, FSA, DCA, AFLAC, four weeks of paid vacation and generous paid sick leave. This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule.
Person-to-Person is committed to creating a diverse environment. We believe that a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion provides the best environment, experience and services for everyone, and especially the P2P Community.
Please submit your resume, along with a thoughtful cover letter to email@example.com Attn: Lauren Franciamore, Chief Programs and Human Resources Officer. Kindly note that resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed. No telephone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org