Person to Person
Person-to-Person seeks a dynamic, engaged and compassionate Client Receptionist. Guided by a strong and sincere commitment to P2P’s mission, the Client Receptionist will ensure a warm and welcoming front office, manage incoming phone calls and walk-in traffic, conduct client intakes, ensure requests for P2P’s assistance are handled in a timely and professional manner, and support a team of volunteer receptionists by troubleshooting any client-related issues requiring staff attention.
Reporting to the Darien Site Manager, this newly created position will support all three P2P sites and be based in the Darien headquarters, with one half day per week on the mobile food pantry in Stamford. This is a fully in-person position. Saturdays are required. Spanish and English language proficiency is required.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Answer and respond to incoming phone calls, direct calls to appropriate staff and manage client appointments;
- Welcome and check-in clients arriving for appointments with warmth, patience and excellent customer service;
- Conduct new client intake and food pantry eligibility paperwork;
- Provide support to and work alongside volunteer receptionists;
- Assist in on-the-job training and onboarding of new reception volunteers;
- Troubleshoot client-related issues;
- Maintain a safe, neat, orderly, clean and organized workplace; and
- Assist the Site Manager and Assistant Site Manager with additional tasks as necessary.
Requirements & Qualifications
- A commitment to the mission and activities of P2P and to the community being served;
- Warm, welcoming and responsive personality with outstanding interpersonal communication skills;
- Self-motivated, responsible and accountable, ability to work unsupervised while also working as part of a diverse team;
- Proactive approach to problem solving with strong decision-making skills;
- High ethical standards, comfort dealing with confidential information;
- Belief that a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion will provide the best environment, experience and services for everyone, and especially the P2P community;
- Possess warmth, sense of humor, honesty and compassion;
- Ability to communicate fluently in both Spanish and English languages;
- Ability to travel between Darien and Stamford sites;
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, walking, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, twisting, reaching above shoulders, and or other physical activities, and lifting a minimum of 50 lbs. assisted or unassisted;
- Availability to work Saturdays and travel to multiple P2P locations (Darien, Norwalk, Stamford).
The hourly rate of pay for this position is $20/hour plus benefits, including health, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance, a 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching, and generous paid time off. This is an in-person position. Saturdays are required. Person-to-Person offers generous COVID-19-related paid sick leave and a supportive workplace culture.
Person-to-Person is committed to creating a diverse environment. We believe that a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion provides the best environment, experience and services for everyone, and especially the P2P Community.
Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter, or letter of interest describing your skills and abilities, to firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Lauren Franciamore, Chief Programs and Human Resources Officer.
No telephone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com