Person-to-Person, a volunteer-driven social services agency with locations in Darien and Norwalk seeks a friendly and efficient part-time Clothing Center Associate for its Darien office. P2P provides emergency financial assistance, food, clothing, scholarship assistance and summer camperships to clients from Greater Stamford and Greater Norwalk. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience within the social service sector.
Reporting to the Director of Volunteers, the Clothing Center Associate duties include face-to-face customer service, maintenance and more. The ideal candidate will be an organized self-starter with strong interpersonal skills, an abundance of energy and enthusiasm, a quick learner who is flexible, collaborative, enjoys people and has a sense of humor. P2P seeks candidates with a connection to the P2P mission, as well as to the workplace values of diversity and respect. Come join a dedicated team of professionals and volunteers who make a difference in people’s lives.
Skills & Requirements
- Self-motivated and customer service oriented in a fast-paced volunteer and client and donor based environment
- Responsible and accountable, can work unsupervised; must enjoy working with others on a team
- Organized and detail-oriented, with a good aptitude for logistics and operations and ability to manage work while maintaining a positive attitude and a sense of humor
- Responsibilities include loading and unloading cars, assisting donors with donations, working with volunteers stocking and straightening merchandise and maintaining a clean, well-organized work environment
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are followed
- Strong sense of urgency, flexibility and willingness to adapt to change
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, walking, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, reaching above shoulders, and or other physical activities, and lifting a minimum of 50 lbs. assisted or unassisted
- Spanish or Haitian Creole language a plus
Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter to: jobs@p2pHelps.org, Attn: Janet King, Director of Volunteers. No telephone calls, please.
Person-to-Person is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to jobs@p2pHelps.org