Full Time – Darien
Reports to the Chief Philanthropy Officer
The Communications and Marketing manager supports the mission of Person-to-Person (P2P) and is responsible for advancing and managing the organization’s image, outreach and constituent engagement through the areas of marketing, social media, public relations, media relations and development.
Reporting to the Chief Philanthropy Officer, and in close collaboration with the CEO, the Coms manager will guide the strategy and execution of marketing, communications, public relations, and media presence to consistently and dynamically promote P2P and its mission. The Coms manager will work in close collaboration with development, volunteer, and site staff in supporting their duties. This position requires the ability to scan both the organization and the surrounding community environments in order to position P2P, as well as excellent organizational, communication, and cross-functional department liaison skills.
The Communications and Marketing manager must be ready to take on a challenging role and help tackle the following questions:
- How do we communicate the mission of P2P and the stories of the people we serve in a compelling, clear and impactful way?
- How do we raise the visibility of P2P as a thought leader in our community?
- How do we craft the most effective strategic marketing and communications plan to heighten awareness of community needs and generate the t funding needed to serve 26,000 clients and 4,000 volunteers each year, and expand P2P’s network?
- What plan is needed to improve and enhance P2P’s digital presence?
- Plan, organize and implement comprehensive communication strategy across all audience segments and in support of marketplace initiatives while working within budget:
- Develop and update marketing and communications calendar
- Develop and execute marketing support for fundraising initiatives (including appeals, online giving campaigns, peer to peer, crowdfunding, events)
- Support and manage digital presence including website, social media, and email communications
- Plan and execute communication initiatives (e.g., develop copy and conceptual layout, produce and/or manage production, coordinate printing/lettershop).
- Develop and manage production and mailing of print materials such as newsletters, direct mail, brochures and collateral, annual report, event collateral, post cards, etc.
- Maintain and execute within brand standards/guidelines, to deliver consistent visual recognition of P2P brand and promote P2P value proposition, image, reputation and marketplace position
- Identify opportunities to enhance brand and/or promote specific programs, events and initiatives
- Develop and expand overall marketplace presence (public relations and media relations)
- Maintain and leverage media relationships
- Develop press releases, letters to the editor, commentary, editorial, media coverage of activities/events
- Secure publicity, planning for, and support at events (some evenings and weekends required)
- Coordinate publicity and communication efforts with OPUS
- Manage/supplement photography bank and releases
- Competitively position P2P organization
- In collaboration with Chief Philanthropy Officer, plan and manage expenses for marketing and communication materials and support
Skills & Requirements:
- Commitment to the Mission and Vision of P2P and to the community being served.
- Belief that a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion will provide the best environment, experience and services for everyone, and especially the P2P community.
- Solid educational background; Bachelor’s degree required.
- Self-motivated, responsible and accountable, can work unsupervised. Must enjoy working with others on a team.
- Organized and detail-oriented, with a good aptitude for logistics.
- Proactive approach to problem solving with strong decision-making skills.
- High ethical standards, comfort dealing with confidential information.
- Flexibility and energy to work some evenings and weekends.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Additional languages a plus.
- Willingness to learn new skills and work on different and evolving projects.
- Possess warmth, sense of humor, honesty and compassion.
Person-to-Person reserves the right to make changes, additions or deletions to the job responsibilities at any time. This document is representative of responsibilities.
Please send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com