Reports to the Chief Philanthropy Officer
The Development Officer provides high-level, strategic support to Person-to-Person’s efforts to secure funding from Foundations, Corporations, and Government and other Institutions for both unrestricted and restricted purposes. In this capacity, s/he is responsible for researching, writing and assembling grant proposals, materials and reports to foundations and other grant-making organizations, and will communicate P2P’s goals, mission and programs to potential funders in a compelling and strategic manner.
S/he will actively conduct research, create and submit grant requests to position P2P to secure new funding and renew and upgrade existing support. This position will represent P2P to current and potential funders by making presentations, developing proposals and reports. S/he will continually seek out opportunities for stewardship and cultivation of both current and potential funders, including arranging and leading site visits.
- Reports to the Chief Philanthropy Officer to support the functions of the Philanthropy Office
- Researches, coordinates, writes and submits grant proposals in a timely fashion
- Write grant reports to funders and submits them early/on time
- Tracks proposals and provides regular application status reports
- Tracks and maintains grants calendar and budget
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to ensure the accuracy of the materials incorporated into proposals, reports, budgets, and financial reports
- Creates and maintains the case for support and need statements for the organization and its programs and adjust these statements when necessary to align with the interests of potential funders and specific funding opportunities
- Conduct research and maintain knowledge of issues such as poverty, hunger, education and child development, current trends, publications and key data, as well as a deep understanding of P2P’s programs, evaluation and effectiveness
- Works with Database Manager to ensure grant reporting is entered into Donor Perfect accurately and that progress and reporting on grants is accessible to all
- Maintain regular communication with program staff to ensure that information and data is accurate and updated on a regular basis
- Ensure compliance with all funder guidelines in grant submission and reporting
- Assists in securing grant-based event sponsorships
- Conducts a range of development activities including the preparation of proposals, reports, and other communications to donors, and assists the Database Manager in maintaining accurate donor and revenue information
- Provide writing support for other development efforts, including acknowledgements, stewardship, cultivation and funding requests as needed
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Requirements:
- Commitment to the Mission and Vision of Person-to-Person and to the community being served.
- Belief that a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion will provide the best environment, experience and services for everyone, and especially the P2P community.
- Outstanding editing, writing, and oral communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Solid educational background; Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years non-profit fundraising/development experience with demonstrated success in grant writing or comparable experience in other careers with editing, writing and analytical skills.
- Computer literate including internet research and online applications and tools, MS Office products, and knowledge of Donor Perfect or donor databases a plus.
- Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus.
- Responsible and accountable, can work unsupervised. Must enjoy working with others on a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collegial team environment.
- High ethical standards, comfort dealing with confidential information.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent timelines and projects;
- Experience with budget management and preparation of financial reports;
- Willingness to learn new skills and work on different and evolving projects.
- Possess warmth, sense of humor, honesty and compassion.
Person-to-Person reserves the right to make changes, or deletions to the job responsibilities at any time. This document is representative of responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Candidates should submit resume, cover letter, and writing sample by e-mail with Development Officer- Grants as the subject line to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to tracycramer@p2pHelps.org