Development Salesforce Manager Non-Exempt
Full-Time, Temporary position from July 1 to December 31, 2020 Benefits Not Eligible
To apply, you must submit your answers to the three questions at the end of this posting.
Person-to-Person (“P2P” – www.p2phelps.org), a volunteer-driven social services agency providing emergency financial assistance, food, clothing, scholarship assistance, and summer camperships to clients from Greater Stamford and Greater Norwalk. P2P has three locations (Darien, Norwalk and Stamford, CT).
P2P seeks a full-time, temporary Development Salesforce Manager at our Darien Office from July 1, 2020 to December, 31, 2020. The manager carries out regular maintenance functions on the system to ensure clean and current data, researches and removes duplicate records, processes gifts and generates development and financial reports and timely thank you letters to be signed by the CEO.
The ideal candidate will be an organized self-starter with strong interpersonal skills, a quick learner, flexible, collaborative, and be able to work in a fast-paced environment. In addition, ideal candidates should connect with our mission and workplace values of diversity and respect.
Reporting to the Chief Philanthropy Officer, the Development Salesforce Manager will be critical in assisting in the database conversion to Salesforce NPSP and in managing the day-to-day fundraising database, including:
- Manage the development database (Salesforce’s NPSP), ensuring excellent data integrity and
- Develop and implement best practices and business rules for use of NPSP (create SOP manual). Seek out and implement ways to improve efficiency in departmental
- Execute gift processing (including checks, imports, gift in kind, and other revenue from various sources) and run acknowledgement
- Create and maintains visually compelling donor dashboards for real-time progress towards
- Create and execute reports for development committee, finance, direct marketing (including generating mailing lists), special events and other special projects as needed; develop new reports that assist the development efforts in using data to inform its fundraising
- Work with Marketing and Communication Manager to advance communication tracking and results with Pardot (emails, social media and web interface).
- Work with Finance team to prepare needed financial reporting, including gift batches, reconciling reports, and information for audit
- Perform regular data maintenance functions including removal of duplicate
- Oversee relationship with all vendors related to gift processing, including credit card processing, special event and any third-party platforms (ie. text to give).
- Engage and manage volunteers to assist with some database
- Provide training on NPSP for development staff as
- Other responsibilities as necessary.
Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a professional office setting using and managing Salesforce Non-Profit Success Pack NPSP in a development department setting; knowledge of Salesforce NPSP
- Strong Excel skills and familiarity of analyzing and querying
- Passionate about data analytics, mining, visualization, and
- Ability to manage high-volume gift processing.
- Ability to work independently and with a diverse
- Comfort with learning new systems and technology; knowledge of Classy, Give Lively, and other Salesforce apps a
- A commitment to and enthusiasm for Person-to-Person’s mission and
- Excellent problem-solving ability; comfortable with researching solutions independently to provide best options to key stakeholders.
- Patient and friendly, with a high degree of
- Experience with managing vendor
Person-to-Person is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring, and dedicated to diversity in its work and on its staff. We strongly encourage candidates of all identities, experiences, orientations and communities to apply.
For consideration, please submit your resume, and in lieu of a cover letter, please provide response to the following questions:
- Have you ever completed a donor database migration into Salesforce or other donor database systems? Briefly
- What is the greatest challenge in processing gifts in a donor database?
- Please describe how to use soft credits in a donor database?
Submit resume and responses to questions to: email@example.com, Attn: Tracy Cramer, Chief Philanthropy Officer. Kindly note that resumes without responses to the questions will not be reviewed.
No calls, please.
This is a temporary position and is not eligible for benefits. Provisions of the FFCRA and CARE Act Apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org