Full-Time, Benefits Eligible
Person-to-Person (P2P) seeks a seasoned, dynamic, engaged, innovative, warm and analytic Director of Volunteers and Community Relations to lead volunteer initiatives and activities of the agency. Guided by a strong and sincere commitment to the P2P mission, the Director will strategically develop and implement a detailed volunteer plan to support the agency’s mission and vision.
Working closely with the Executive team, the Director will manage, along with the support from the three sites, more than 4,000 individual and corporate volunteers. Recruiting, training, engaging, and retaining form the basis for the work of the Director of Volunteers and Community Relations.
The Director will possess the excellent interpersonal and communication skills needed to generate excitement and to build and nurture volunteer relationships. S/he is a positive leader, energetic and engaging, with an upbeat disposition and a ‘can do’ approach. S/he will lead with a hands-on approach with agency staff and volunteers, excited by and embracing change while promoting an agency culture of dignity, respect and lifelong learning to the Lower Fairfield County community.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- A commitment to the mission and activities of P2P
- At least 4 years of nonprofit experience, with demonstrated success in volunteer management including volunteer events, recognition programs, and data management and analysis
- A strategic approach to management that balances control of details with the big picture
- Innovative thinking and an eagerness to take on ambitious goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including communication and diplomacy
- Comfort with public speaking, and the ability to deliver a message concisely and effectively
- Excellent written communication and organizational skills
- Strong leadership qualities, with the ability to inspire a team toward a common goal
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent timelines and projects
- Warmth and a sense of humor
- Computer proficiency; experience with Salesforce a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
Person-to-Person offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a supportive workplace culture.
Person-to-Person is committed to creating a diverse environment. We believe that a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion provides the best environment, experience and services for everyone, especially the P2P Community.
Please submit your resume, along with a thoughtful cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Elizabeth Finn, Chief Operating Officer. Kindly note that resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed. No telephone calls, please.
Person-to-Person is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com