Person-to-Person, a volunteer-driven social services agency with locations in Darien and Norwalk, seeks a friendly and efficient full-time Food Center Manager for a new Stamford site. P2P provides emergency financial assistance, food, clothing, scholarship assistance, and summer camperships to clients from Greater Stamford and Greater Norwalk. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience within the social service sector.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the ideal candidate will be an organized self-starter with strong interpersonal skills, a quick learner, flexible, collaborative, and have a sense of humor. P2P seeks candidates with a connection to the P2P mission, as well as to the workplace values of diversity and respect. Come join a dedicated team of professionals and volunteers who make a difference in people’s lives.
Food Center Manager duties include
- Coordinating, monitoring, ordering and maintaining food inventory for Stamford, Darien and Norwalk sites
- Operational oversite of the warehouse and Mobile Food Pantry Truck
- Loading and unloading cars, assisting donors with donations, working with volunteers stocking and straightening merchandise and maintaining a clean, well-organized work environment
- Stocking, cleaning and maintenance for Mobile Food Pantry Truck
- Growing and establishing relationships with community partners
- Establishing procedures for stocking the Mobile Food Pantry Truck
- Maintaining records and supporting documents in accordance with CT Food Bank and local and state regulations
Skills & Requirements
- Self-motivated and customer service oriented in a fast-paced volunteer and client based environment including training individual volunteers and supporting corporate, community and school volunteer groups
- Responsible and accountable, can work unsupervised; must enjoy working with others on a team and providing leadership
- Organized and detail-oriented, with a good aptitude for logistics, operational mind set, and ability to manage work while maintaining a positive attitude and a sense of humor
- Strong sense of urgency, flexibility and willingness to adapt to change
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, walking, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, reaching above shoulders, and or other physical activities, and lifting a minimum of 50 lbs. assisted or unassisted
- Additional languages a plus
Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter to: jobs@p2pHelps.org, Attn: Elizabeth Finn, Chief Operating Officer. No telephone calls, please.
Person-to-Person is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to jobs@p2pHelps.org