Website Person to Person
This an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, dynamic and talented individual with experience in the field of major gift fundraising. The Major Gifts Officer provides high-level, strategic support to Person-to-Person’s efforts to secure funding from individuals, family foundations, and corporations for both unrestricted and restricted purposes. In this capacity, s/he is responsible for cultivating and stewarding donors, writing and assembling proposals, materials and reports, and will communicate P2P’s goals, mission and programs to donors in a compelling and strategic manner. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of relevant work experience, strong analytical skills, comfort engaging with major donors, and the ability to prioritize under deadlines. Experience with capital campaigns is also a plus. S/he will demonstrate initiative and continually seek out opportunities for stewardship and cultivation of both current and potential donors, including arranging and leading site visits.
- A minimum of five (5) years of front-line fundraising with the proven track record to secure 5-6-figure and multi-year gifts.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a portfolio of 150+ donors and prospects in a high volume and fast pace environment.
- Expertise in moves management and donor engagement plans.
- Reports to the Chief Philanthropy Officer to support the functions of the Philanthropy Office.
- Manages a portfolio of approximately 150 individual major donors (e.g., cumulative annual giving $5,000+) through stewardship, cultivation, and solicitation.
- Develops monthly solicitation strategies and financial targets as well as multi-year financial projections.
- Sets and executes on monthly/annual donor engagement activities and documents all activities in Salesforce.
- Prepares personalized major donor materials such as informational emails/mailings and solicitations.
- Manages P2P’s Helping Hands Society, the planning giving legacy donors and prospects.
- Makes recommendations for strategies to improve return rates across donor levels (e.g., upgrading mid-level to major donors and increasing major donor donation levels).
- Creates special/transformational gift opportunities (programmatic and capital) and works with all team members across Development including Marketing and Communication, Corporate, Grants, Events, and Volunteers to create high quality donor communications and collateral materials.
- Generates regular activity reports from Salesforce and analyzes donor trends to secure those gifts.
- Strives for a high level of donor satisfaction and engagement with a mindset on the donor experience.
- Creates donor recognition and stewardship activities and events.
- Recommends strategies for improving donor engagement and reducing attrition rates.
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Requirements:
Commitment to the mission and vision of Person-to-Person and to the community being served.
- Belief that a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion will provide the best environment, experience and services for everyone, and especially the P2P community.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Pardot is a plus.
- Outstanding editing, writing, and oral communication skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Solid educational background; Bachelor’s degree required.
- Thorough knowledge of the fundamentals of writing, grammar, syntax, style, and punctuation.
- Strong skills to write clear, lively, engaging and compelling copy in a variety of styles appropriate to target audiences and / or the broader public, while ensuring adherence to the location’s message.
- Proficient knowledge of computer applications for publishing, image handling, and/or web production.
- Demonstrated research and fact verification skills.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills, including active listening and effective collaboration skills.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Thorough attention to detail, project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders on project timelines and provide written and oral reports to the team and stakeholders on the status of active projects and action items.
- Computer literate including internet research and online applications and tools, MS Office products, and knowledge of Donor Perfect or donor databases a plus.
- Responsible and accountable, can work unsupervised. Must enjoy working with others on a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to use personal vehicle and possess valid driver’s license and be willing to travel as necessary.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collegial team environment.
- High ethical standards, comfort dealing with confidential information.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent timelines and projects.
- Experience with budget management and preparation of financial reports.
- Willingness to learn new skills and work on different and evolving projects.
- Possess warmth, sense of humor, honesty and compassion.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds, while twisting and bending.
Salary range for this position $65-80,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
This position is not fully remote, candidate must be able to work from office. P2P has implemented COVID 19 safety protocols, including regular cleaning, separation of work spaces, and private offices.
Person-to-Person is committed to creating a diverse environment. We believe that a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion provides the best environment, experience and services for everyone, and especially the P2P Community.
Please submit your resume, along with a thoughtful cover letter to email@example.com Attn: Tracy Cramer, Chief Philanthropy Officer. Kindly note that resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed. No telephone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org