Established in 1968, Person-to-Person (“P2P”) assists individuals and families with basics needs to overcome daily challenges and access to resources to improve their lives. P2P envisions “educated, financially stable and hunger-free homes.” With a financial budget of over $3MM, an additional $10MM in annual “in-kind” donations, and over 75,000 volunteer hours donated annually, P2P is a well-managed and innovative agency. More than 90% of all donations go directly to programs, which include two food pantries, a mobile food pantry (P2P on Wheels), a clothing center, financial assistance and counseling for a client’s situational crisis, summer camperships for children, and college scholarship aid to low income students to change the trajectory of the next generation. Since 2012, the success of P2P’s service model led to the addition of a site in South Norwalk and P2P On Wheels, a mobile unit in Stamford.
Person-to-Person seeks a seasoned, dynamic, engaged, innovative, warm and analytic Manager of Volunteers and Community Relations to lead volunteer initiatives and activities of the agency. Guided by a strong and sincere commitment to P2P’s mission, the Manager will strategically develop and implement a detailed volunteer plan to manage P2P’s more than 4,000 individual and corporate volunteers, which form the backbone of P2P’s excellent service delivery.
The Manager will bear overall responsibility for volunteer recruitment, training, engagement and retention. Working closely with the Executive team and with support from the three sites, the Manager will ensure P2P’s programs are supported by adequate numbers of trained and knowledgeable volunteers. S/he will interface with corporate, faith and community groups to solicit and schedule group volunteer opportunities, manage volunteer communications and plan and execute volunteer appreciation initiatives and monitor the overall health of the volunteer program.
The Manager will possess the excellent interpersonal and communication skills needed to generate excitement and to build and nurture volunteer relationships. S/he is a positive leader, energetic and engaging, with an upbeat disposition and a ‘can do’ approach. S/he will lead with a hands-on approach, embracing change while promoting an agency culture of dignity, respect and lifelong learning.
Requirements & Qualifications
- A commitment to the mission and activities of P2P;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including communication and diplomacy;
- Experience working in a nonprofit setting
- Demonstrated success in volunteer management including volunteer events, recognition programs, and data management and analysis;
- A strategic approach to management that balances control of details with the big picture;
- Innovative thinking and an eagerness to take on ambitious goals;
- Comfort with public speaking, and the ability to deliver a message concisely and effectively;
- Excellent written communication and organizational skills;
- Strong leadership qualities, with the ability to inspire a team toward a common goal;
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent timelines and projects;
- Warmth and a sense of humor;
- Computer proficiency; experience with Salesforce a plus;
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred;
- Willingness and availability to work some evenings and weekends.
Person-to-Person offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a supportive workplace culture.
Person-to-Person is committed to creating a diverse environment. We believe that a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion provides the best environment, experience and services for everyone, and especially the P2P Community.
Please submit your resume, along with a thoughtful cover letter to email@example.com Attn: Tracy Cramer, Chief Philanthropy Officer. Kindly note that resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed. No telephone calls, please.
Person-to-Person is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org