Norwalk Site Support Associate
Part-Time Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
Person-to-Person (“P2P” – www.p2phelps.org), a volunteer-driven social services agency with locations in Darien, Stamford and Norwalk, CT, seeks a part-time Site Support Associate for its Norwalk Office.
Reporting to the Norwalk Site Manager, the Norwalk Site Support Associate duties include, but not limited to:
- Driving trucks and/or vans to pick up/deliver donations.
- Loading and unloading trucks.
- Running errands as needed.
- Filling in as needed in the food pantry and reception.
- Stocking merchandise in the food pantry.
- Assisting donors dropping off donations.
- Working with volunteers in all areas of the agency.
- Maintaining a clean, well-organized work environment.
The ideal candidate will be an organized self-starter with strong interpersonal skills, a quick learner, flexible, collaborative, with a sense of humor.
P2P seeks candidates with a connection to our mission, as well as to the workplace values of diversity and respect. P2P provides emergency financial assistance, food, clothing, scholarship assistance, and summer camperships to clients from Greater Stamford and Greater Norwalk. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience within the social service sector.
Skills & Requirements:
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, walking, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, twisting, reaching above shoulders, and or other physical activities, and lifting a minimum of 50 lbs. assisted or unassisted.
- Ability to drive a 10-foot box truck. No special driver’s license needed. Clean driving record a must
- Warm, welcoming and responsive personality with outstanding interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Self-motivated and ability to shift gears quickly depending on the needs of the agency.
- Customer service oriented
- Responsible and accountable, can work unsupervised. Must enjoy working with others on a team.
- Warm, welcoming and responsive personality with outstanding interpersonal communication skills
If you like a job that constantly changes with physical work that doesn’t require you to be behind a desk, come join a dedicated team of professionals and volunteers who make a difference in people’s lives.
Please submit your resume: email@example.com, Attn: Christian Mendoza, Norwalk Site Manager. No telephone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org