Person to Person is expanding its mobile food pantry distribution to Norwalk two Saturdays per month. We are seeking a part-time P2P on Wheels Mobile Food Pantry Driver for its weekend Norwalk food distribution. Guided by a strong and sincere commitment to P2P’s mission, the P2P on Wheels Driver will support the agency’s food assistance programs by traveling with the mobile pantry into different neighborhoods of Norwalk every other Saturday to provide food assistance and support to P2P’s clients. Reporting to the Norwalk/Stamford Site Manager, the Norwalk Driver will be one of a team of two staff responsible for loading the mobile food pantry at our Stamford warehouse, driving the pantry to locations in Norwalk, managing volunteers and assisting clients with food shopping. The ideal candidate will be a reliable, organized self-starter with strong interpersonal skills, a quick learner, flexible, collaborative, compassionate, and have a sense of humor. P2P seeks candidates with a connection to P2P’s mission, lived experience and a commitment to workplace values of inclusion and respect. Come join a dedicated team of professionals and volunteers who make a difference in peoples’ lives.
P2P on Wheels Driver duties include:
- Driving P2P on Wheel to locations in lower Fairfield County
- Assisting clients with food shopping as needed
- Assisting with client reception/check-in as needed
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment on the mobile food pantry
- Fueling, stocking and maintenance of the mobile food pantry
- Loading and unloading the mobile food pantry, assisting with receipt of food donations, working with and supporting volunteers, stocking and straightening merchandise and maintaining a clean, well-organized work environment on the pantry truck and in the warehouse.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Valid Class A or B CDL, or professional experience driving a large vehicle
- Clean driving record
- Minimum 21 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Computer proficiency
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, walking, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, twisting, reaching above shoulders, and or other physical activities, and lifting a minimum of 50 lbs. assisted or unassisted.
- Warm, welcoming, and responsive personality with outstanding interpersonal communication Skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented, with a good aptitude for logistics and ability to manage work while maintaining a positive attitude and a sense of humor.
- Responsible and accountable, can work unsupervised, is energetic and self-motivated. Must enjoy working with others on a team.
- Fluent in English. Additional languages a plus.
- Person to Person is committed to fostering a thriving diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion provides the best environment, experience and services for everyone within the P2P Community.
Please submit a letter of interest or your resume and thoughtful cover letter to email@example.com
Attn: Lauren Franciamore, Chief Programs & Human Resources Officer. No telephone calls, please.
Person to Person is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org