Established in 1968, Person-to-Person (“P2P” – www.p2phelps.org) P2P provides individuals and families with assistance for basics needs to overcome daily challenges and access to resources to improve their lives. P2P envisions “educated, financially stable and hunger-free homes for all.”
With a financial budget of over $4MM, an additional $10MM in annual “in-kind” donations, and over 75,000 volunteer hours donated annually, P2P is a well-managed and innovative agency. More than 90% of all donations go directly to programs, which include three food pantries, including a mobile food pantry (P2P on Wheels), a clothing center, financial assistance and counseling for a client’s situational crisis, summer camperships for children, and college scholarship aid to low income students to change the trajectory of the next generation. Since 2012, the success of P2P’s service model led to the addition of a site in South Norwalk and P2P on Wheels, a mobile unit in Stamford.
Person-to-Person seeks a dynamic, engaged, innovative and warm Site Associate. Guided by a strong and sincere commitment to P2P’s mission. The Site Associate will ensure the site operates effectively and efficiently through the day-to-day support of staff, volunteers and community relationships to ensure respectful service to those seeking our assistance.
We are currently hiring two Site Associates, one for our Darien location and one for our Norwalk location.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide support and work alongside volunteers, including food pantry volunteers, clothing center volunteers, home delivery drivers, receptionists, “Van Men” and donation delivery/pick up volunteers and student volunteers
- Assist the Assistant Site Manager in on-the-job training and onboarding of new volunteers
- Using the P2P van/truck, pick up donations and food purchases and transport items between sites, including week (or more often) trips to the CT Food Bank and Food Bank of Lower Fairfield County
- Support food donors, food rescue efforts and food drives with logistical support, including delivering to and picking up the van from food drives when requested
- Provide assistance to customers and clients with respect, dignity and excellent customer service
- Maintain a safe, neat, orderly, clean and organized workplace
- Assist the Site Manager and Assistant Site Manager with additional tasks as necessary
The ideal candidate will be bilingual (English and Spanish).
Requirements & Qualifications
- A commitment to the mission and activities of P2P and to the community being served;
- Belief that a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion will provide the best environment, experience and services for everyone, and especially the P2P community;
- Self-motivated, responsible and accountable, ability to work unsupervised while also working as part of and managing a diverse team;
- Organized and detail-oriented, with a good aptitude for logistics;
- Warm, welcoming and responsive personality with outstanding interpersonal communication skills;
- Proactive approach to problem solving with strong decision-making skills;
- High ethical standards, comfort dealing with confidential information;
- Willingness to learn new skills and work on different and evolving projects;
- Possess warmth, sense of humor, honesty and compassion;
- Clean driving record; ability and willingness to travel between Norwalk, Darien and Stamford sites as needed;
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, walking, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, twisting, reaching above shoulders, and or other physical activities, and lifting a minimum of 50 lbs. assisted or unassisted;
- Additional languages (especially Spanish and/or Haitian Creole) are required;
- Flexibility and energy to work some evenings and weekends.
Person-to-Person offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a supportive workplace culture.
Person-to-Person is committed to creating a diverse environment. We believe that a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion provides the best environment, experience and services for everyone, and especially the P2P Community.
Please submit your resume, along with a thoughtful cover letter to email@example.com Attn: Kim Collibee, Chief Operating Officer. Please indicate your preferred location, Darien or Norwalk, in your cover letter.
Kindly note that resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
No telephone calls, please.
Person-to-Person is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org