Person-to-Person (“P2P”), a volunteer-driven social services agency with locations in Darien, Stamford and Norwalk, CT, seeks a part-time Site Support Associate for its Stamford Office. P2P provides families with assistance for basic needs to overcome daily challenges and access to resources to improve their lives. P2P envisions ”educated, financially stable and hunger-free homes for all.” P2P provides emergency financial assistance, food, clothing, scholarship assistance, and summer camperships to clients from Greater Stamford and Greater Norwalk. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience within the social service sector.
Reporting to the Stamford Site and Food Manager, the Site Support Associate duties include face-to-face customer service, deliveries, errands, maintenance and more. The ideal candidate will be an organized self-starter with strong interpersonal skills, a quick learner, flexible, collaborative, with a sense of humor. P2P seeks candidates with a connection to P2P’s mission, as well as to the workplace values of diversity and respect. Come join a dedicated team of professionals and volunteers who make a difference in people’s lives.
Reporting to the Stamford Site & Food Manager, the Site Support Associate supports the overall warehouse operations. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Tracking and Management of food inventory;
- Driving trucks and/or vans to pick up purchases and donations;
- Loading and unloading trucks;
- Stocking merchandise in the warehouse;
- Working alongside volunteers, staff and agency partners;
- Assist clients as needed on the mobile food pantry;
- Maintaining a clean, well-organized work environment;
- Running errands as needed.
Skills & Requirements:
- Self-motivated and customer service oriented;
- Responsible and accountable, can work unsupervised. Must enjoy working with others on a team;
- Organized and detail-oriented self-starter, with a good aptitude for logistics and ability to manage work while maintaining a positive attitude and a sense of humor;
- Ability to drive large delivery trucks including a 15 ft. box truck and a 22 ft. Step Van (32 ft. total length). No special driver’s license needed, although CDL preferred. Clean driving record a must;
- Warm, welcoming and responsive personality with outstanding interpersonal communication skills;
- Responsibilities include loading and unloading trucks, merchandise stocking; assisting donors with dropping off donations, working with volunteers and maintaining a clean, well-organized work environment, inside and on the grounds;
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, walking, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, twisting, reaching above shoulders, and or other physical activities, and lifting a minimum of 50 lbs. assisted or unassisted;
- Additional languages (especially Spanish and/or Haitian Creole) a plus.
Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Elizabeth Finn, Chief Operating Officer. No telephone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com