Person-to-Person, a volunteer-driven social services agency with locations in Darien and Norwalk seeks a full-time Volunteer Associate for its Darien office. P2P provides emergency financial assistance, food, clothing, scholarship assistance and summer camperships to clients from Greater Stamford and Greater Norwalk. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience within the social service sector.
Reporting to the Director of Volunteers, the Volunteer Associate is responsible for the coordination of non-monetary (“in-kind”) donations and assists the Director of Volunteers with day-to-day volunteer operations at the Darien location. The ideal candidate will be an organized self-starter with strong interpersonal skills, a quick learner, flexible, collaborative and have a sense of humor. P2P seeks candidates with a connection to the P2P mission, as well as to the workplace values of diversity and respect. Come join a dedicated team of professionals and volunteers who make a difference in people’s lives.
The Volunteer Associate works closely with the Director of Volunteers to ensure that the Darien site – including Client Reception, Food Pantry and Clothing Center – are operating effectively. Volunteer-related duties include orienting new volunteers and integrating them within P2P, while providing positive encouragement, training and feedback. The Volunteer Associate also helps maintain the volunteer database and fills in as needed for open gaps in volunteer shifts.
The Volunteer Associate manages “in-kind” gift donations including food, clothing, toys and books at the Darien site as well as working with volunteers in collecting, delivering, sorting and storing these items.
Skills & Requirements
- 2 years of relevant experience; exposure to community partnerships, volunteer management and/or social services, is preferred, but not required
- Excellent relationship management skills to engage and work effectively with community partners
- Warm, welcoming and responsive personality with outstanding interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with solid aptitude for logistics
- Ability to manage multiple streams of work while maintaining a positive attitude and a sense of humor
- Strong computer skills, including the ability to create and analyze Excel spreadsheets and work with databases
- A sincere commitment to the mission and activities of P2P
- Spanish or Haitian Creole language a plus
Please submit your resume, along with a thoughtful cover letter to: jobs@p2pHelps.org, Attn: Janet King, Director of Volunteers. Kindly note that resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed. No telephone calls, please.
Person-to-Person is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to jobs@p2pHelps.org