The Norwalk Election Day Food Drive has been a labor of love for a group of dedicated volunteers since 2008, when it was first started by Norwalk resident Diane Cece and former Norwalker Joanne Romano. This year, on the Food Drive’s 13th anniversary, Diane handed over the reigns to Person-to-Person.
Diane shared her decision in The Hour, stating, “My hope was to find an organization with a local pantry, large pool of resources, especially for supplies, marketing and most importantly for volunteers. And now I am so pleased to announce that starting this year, Person-To-Person of Darien will take over the Norwalk Election Day Food Drive, which will benefit their South Norwalk pantry.” Person-to-Person is honored to take on this amazing tradition.
Special thanks to all the amazing volunteers, including:
- Norwalk Election Day Food Drive Volunteers: Chris and Nijole Potts, Paul Cantor & Myska Lopaur, Mary Oster, Kellee Boccanfuso, Ellie Stevenson, Maureen Cece, and Diane Cece
- P2P Volunteer Food Collectors: Gordon Devens, Debbie Douglas, Sarah & Tim Johnson, Raffaello Piccoli, and Kate Daniels
- Girl Scouts Troop #50469, who decorated the collection boxes: Campbell Bonanno, Evelyn Trudel, Tatiana Devens, and Natalie Bauer
- Laura Devens, for organizing the decorations
- Commerce Packaging Corporation, for supplying the boxes
And thank you to the residents of Norwalk for donating 472 lbs of food!
To support P2P’s food pantry program, please consider a donation to our Virtual Food Drive.
Here are a few images from this year’s Food Drive.