OUR COMMUNITY NEEDS US, NOW MORE THAN EVER.
Person-to-Person is here, doing the work, supporting more than 28,000 residents in lower Fairfield County with food, clothing, one-on-one caseworker support, emergency financial assistance (including rent assistance), and scholarships/camperships. This holiday season will see an increased demand from the individuals and families P2P serves, due to the ongoing pandemic.
To best support our clients, P2P is offering holiday-focused essential services, such as winter coat and turkey giveaways, in addition to our day-to-day essential programs. As of October our food assistance program reached a significant milestone, providing enough groceries for 1.5 million meals. In the months of November/December, we expect to provide groceries for close to 300,000 meals, of which 80,000 meals will be home delivered via our mobile food pantry; this is enough food to help 8,000 people each month.
The success of these programs and their impact on our clients’ lives is due in part to our dedicated staff and loyal volunteers. A key component to ensure these programs have a long-lasting and meaningful impact, is your financial support.
JOIN US TO PROVIDE HELP, AND HOPE, TO INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES IN NEED.
P2P IMPACT OPPORTUNITIES
Holiday Toy Drive
What’s better than bringing joy and smiles to children this holiday?
The holiday season at P2P is always a time of joy and generosity. Each year, we make magic happen for more 2,000 children. This annual event has made sure that low-income families in lower Fairfield County are able to celebrate and have gifts for their children to open. We make sure that the holiday season is special for everyone.
COVID-19 has completely changed our annual holiday tradition, but it hasn’t dampened our holiday spirit! Instead of a wrapped toy, we are collecting funds to purchase gift cards for our families. This year, each qualified family will receive one $20 gift card for every child in the family, an age-appropriate book for each child, and a family board game!
To reach our goal of bringing joy to 2,000 local children, we need your help to raise $50,000. You in?
4 Easy Ways to Give Joy:
- Donate toward our Toy Drive fund. This is the fastest and easiest way to make bring joy!
- Shop our Amazon wish list for books and games (make sure your Amazon Smile account is set to Person-to-Person!)
- Gift cards. If you prefer to purchase a gift card yourself and drop off at the P2P Darien site, please note that Walmart and Target gift cards are preferred by clients.
- Board games. If you prefer to purchase board games directly and drop off at the P2P Darien site, recommended games include: Monopoly, Connect 4, Jenga, Bop-It, Life, and Clue.
How would you tell your children that there’s no dinner tonight?
This is not an uncommon scenario for too many of our neighbors. Food insecurity has nearly doubled to 23% across the state, since the start of the pandemic. At P2P, we have experienced a 60% increase in food demand. Our three local food pantries and mobile delivery food program are meeting this increased demand, but we need your support to ensure that we can continue to provide individuals and families with access to healthy, nutritious food.
Please consider making a purchase of food or making a financial donation, to help ensure families have access to healthy, nutritious food. A gift to our Virtual Food Drive will have an immediate impact.
2 Easy Ways to Make an Impact:
- Make a financial gift toward food, in an amount you feel most comfortable with.
- Start a P2P Virtual Food Drive fundraising team. This is a great way to involve your friends and family over the holidays and raise additional funds.
As long as there is a need, P2P is here to help.
When the pandemic hit many of our neighbors found themselves without the means to provide the essentials for their families, including adequate food, money for rent, suitable clothing, and the opportunity for child enrichment. For many families, P2P became their main source of support.
At the outset of the pandemic, P2P immediately shifted its processes to keep our staff, volunteers, and clients safe. Most importantly, we have remained open to serve our clients. In fact, our caseworkers are assisting as many as 200 families each month. As long as there is a need, P2P is here to help.
Please consider a gift to support P2P’s mission, when our community needs us the most. We are counting on you.
3 Easy Ways to Give:
- Give online to support all P2P essential programs
- Increase the size of your gift with a fundraising team
- By phone. To discuss additional giving options, including gifts of stock, donor-advised fund, wire transfer, or a legacy gift, please contact Tracy Cramer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-621-0698.
Your Dove Gift to P2P will bring comfort and joy this holiday.
When the pandemic hit many of our neighbors found themselves without the means to provide the essentials for their families, including adequate food, money for rent, suitable clothing, and the opportunity to continue education.
Your Dove Gift will be used to support P2P’s Emergency Assistance Program or Scholarships.
CLICK HERE to support the Dove Program.
P2P is extremely fortunate to have a variety of community giving partners, from local volunteer food drives to retail donation partners. Do you have an idea for a fun and engaging fundraiser? We’d love to hear it!
- Start a Facebook fundraiser! Facebook is a great way to ask your friends and family to support P2P.
- Smile.amazon.com: Make sure to select “Person-to-Person” as your charity of choice for all your Amazon purchases. An easy way to give!
- Stop and Shop Darien: For each GIVE BACK reusable shopping bag purchased during the month of November, P2P receives $1 donation
- ACME Nourishing Neighbors program. Donate to P2P at the checkout at four local ACME grocery stores (
- Virtual Yoga on December 10: Join Chelsea Piers for their Vino + Vinyasa Yoga class on Thurs, Dec 10 at 6:30 pm to benefit P2P’s Holiday Toy Store. Tix @ p2phelps.org/yoga
Businesses of all sizes partner with P2P to maximize their giving impact; some ideas include:
- Matching gift programs
- Food drives, both physical or create a virtual food drive team
- Dedicated fundraisers, such as a virtual walk or zoom-a-thon (for each zoom meeting your company has, donate to P2P)
If you’d like to speak with a member of P2P’s Development team, please email Tracy Cramer at tracycramer@p2pHelps.org.