Below you will find information about the various Scholarships for which you may be eligible.
These include the Person-to-Person Scholarship Program, which is the basic application that must be completed by all candidates, plus five special Scholarships that provide broader funding and support.
All applicants, if possible, are required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and are interviewed as part of the screening process. Grants are given in both semesters. Budgeting support and help are provided.
The Scholarship application process begins April 1 and ends June 1. Recipients are notified of their awards in August. Students with financial need residing in Norwalk, Stamford and surrounding towns receive primary consideration.
When you click on the Scholarship Application link below, you will be able to view the general application, all of the necessary attachments needed for the general application and the requirements for applying for any of our special Scholarships. Students are encouraged to apply for as many of the special Scholarships for which they qualify. However, only one Scholarship will be awarded to a student. There are a limited number of Scholarships available. Not all students who apply will receive a Scholarship.
Please email Kim Collibee if you have any questions regarding the application process.
We appreciate your interest and wish you all the best in this process and your academic endeavors.
The Submission Period for 2015/2016 Applications Is Now Closed.
Applications for the 2016/2017 academic year will be accepted beginning on Friday, April 1, 2016 at 8:00 am EDT.
Person-to-Person Scholarship Program — The Person-to-Person Scholarship Program, established in 1968, provides financial assistance for high school graduates from low-income households who are applying to, or are already enrolled in, college. Students with financial need, residing in Norwalk, Stamford and the surrounding towns, receive primary consideration.
- Requirements: To be considered for this scholarship, students who are eligible for federal financial aid are required to provide their Student Aid Report (SAR) from the FAFSA, a financial aid award letter from their College/University and a copy of their most recent grades. This is the primary Scholarship application and is required for all Scholarship awards – including the special Scholarships listed below.
Mentoring 4 Success — The Mentoring 4 Success Scholarship will be granted to an incoming first-year student who has a desire to work collaboratively with a mentor throughout his or her four years in college in order to maximize the opportunities offered by a higher education. Mentoring 4 Success awards $5,000 per year.
- Requirements: Students must be attending a four-year college or university to qualify for this scholarship. The student must actively engage with his or her mentor, remain in good standing and reapply each of the four years of college. This application requires a written response to a series of questions and an essay.
Lockhart Family Charitable Trust Scholarship for Academic Excellence — The Lockhart Scholarship was established in 2004 and will be granted to a student with an excellent academic record who is one of the first in his or her family to attend college. The Lockhart Scholarship awards $5,000 per year.
- Requirements: This application requires an essay.
ELH Scholarship — This award will be granted to a student who is highly motivated to both achieve a higher education and give back to their community. The ELH Scholarship awards $2,000 per year.
- Requirements: To qualify, a student must also be a parent, or have faced a significant illness in their family. This application requires a written response to a series of questions.
MB Sport Scholarship — The MB Sport Scholarship will be granted to a student with both an exceptional commitment to achieving a higher education and making a difference in their community. The MB Sport Scholarship awards $5,000 per year.
- Requirements: A student must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher and a demonstrated need for scholarship assistance in the amount of $5,000 or more. This application requires an essay.
Napolitano Family Scholarship — The Napolitano Scholarship will be granted to a student with a demonstrated commitment to learning. The Napolitano Scholarship awards $5,000 per year.
- Requirements: This application requires a written response to a series of questions.